Monday, November 30, 2009

Telecom Good or Bad?


Am I the only one getting this special level of service from Telecom?

Facts
I was on the old network.
A Telecom partner offered to move me to the new network, reduce my costs and provide me a full featured phone if I agreed to a two year contract. (My understanding was there was no cost for the phone).
I was charged $800 for the phone on my next bill. I referred them to their quote; they agreed they had made a mistake. I was given three choices:
·        I could revert to my old phone and deal
·        pay $800 or;
·        have the new phone cut off.
My phone is my business so grudgingly I agreed to a compromise $400 payment.
The direction keys on the new phone failed so I asked for a replacement.
No Can Do.
Telecom’s policy is that the phone must fail three times before it is replaced so I was given a temporary phone while mine was fixed.
It failed again and I am on my second temporary phone.

Frustration
Now there may be some people who enjoy waiting an hour or two in a Telecom shop while a GenY tries to remedy the issue. They may also revel in watching their data being transferred to a different model and the challenging experience of driving that new toy for the next few days.

However I am finding this experience frustrating and expensive in both time and business opportunities and I seem to have no recourse to fix it.

Question/Feedback
If this is a typical experience for a business phone customer?  What’s your experience?




To succeed... You have to believe in something with such a passion that it becomes reality - Anita Roddick

3 comments:

M Freitas said...

It sounds like a "bait and switch" sales - these "Telecom Partners" sound like some dodgy outfit.

Remember "Partners" are not Telecom. They can be independent businesses and obviously these guys want to make a quick buck on you...

Glenn R said...

As M.Freitas has pointed out, Partners is not Telecom. You should name the "partner" rather than make the issue a Telecom one. I have not heard of Telecom requiring a phone to break 3 times before it is replaced, in fact can give you an example in the last coulple of weeks of a single issue was enough to replace the phone.

Gaylene Hughes said...

Thanks for the feedback
The partners have fallen out of the picture and we are now dealing with the Telecom shop in Queensgate.

Yes it is being fixed rather than replaced which takes no account of the business disruption involved.