Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Business Tips - Networking

I’ve thought long and hard about how to start this blog, then as the name of my company goes, I thought “Just Do It!” … get the show on the road. There is no set way … no right way.

The purpose of this blog is to:
a) encourage questions around any area of business that is impacting on you;
b) to brainstorm issues and challenges that we may be having;
c) to share our knowledge;
d) to network with others; and
e) to have some fun :)
Each time I blog, ideally I can share a business tip or 2 or 3 & I’d love you to share yours!

Because I’ve recently come back from Australia with an awesome award in my suitcase (that of ActionCOACH network coach – voted on by my peers)
You can see my picture:

Perhaps the ideal place to start is with networking and the importance of this in your business. It amazing the number of business owners I meet who do not network regularly and do not like to make that first contact with someone. So some:

Networking Tips …
* To make the most of a networking event, spend 75% of your time with people you don’t know;
* Think before hand about how you want to introduce yourself (write it down & practice it!)
* Have a great attitude … & remember to smile!
* Have a plan of where & when … & remember to go where your customers/prospects go; and last but certainly not least …
* Networking works well when you employ the 2-word secret: SHOW UP!

I’d love to hear your positive networking stories and/or your concerns and also what’s impacting on you in this tricky economic environment. Talk to you soon…




To succeed... You have to believe in something with such a passion that it becomes reality - Anita Roddick

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gaylene,

Congratulations on the ActionCOACH award! I hope you'll achieve all the goals you set out to do.
Thank you for the networking tip and I will check your blog regularly!

All the best!

Maurits

Anonymous said...

Hi Gaylene,

Great first blog, I'm really looking forward to reading more of your post's.

Steve Goodey

Anonymous said...

HI Gaylene

Congratulations! And fabulous to see you blogging!!
Cheers
Fiona